Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ejura Training

Hello from Ejura!!
Today, Tuesday, ended our second and last day of training in Ejura. We had 27 very eager participants that learned and discussed much over the last two days. This training was a smashing success! The evaluations we overwhelmingly postive and the AEAs are ready to get started sharing the good news of the PICS technology to their villages. The highlight of this training for me was completing a sack filling demonstration directly in the middle of the marketplace in Ejura. The market women were so happy; they were hugging, clapping, and anxious to buy the bags. The sights, people, smells (pepper and spices) and atmosphere made that visit truly an afternoon to remember. We also had the participants complete their practice demostration in a nearby village - again it went very well. You could tell they took the training and my advice on how to facilitate learning in such an enviroment very seriously and applied it very well. I have plenty of faith that the PICS program will be strong in Ghana.
Tomorrow I leave for Accra, and finish my journey here in Ghana. I look forward to having a bit of time to visit Accra's cultural gems and then board my plane for home!

Amanda Afia

No comments:

Post a Comment